Friday, December 20, 2013
Getting to Zero: 2013 HIV/STD Summit on Prevention, Testing, Care is
Jointly sponsored by the Warren Alpert Medical School and the Rhode Island Department of Health
8:30 am-4:30 pm - Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, Warwick, RI
Please see the attached brochure for complete Program details
This day-long program will include sessions on sexual health with a LGBT perspective, the impact of the Affordable Care Act, a plenary on disrupting
transmission involving sexual networks, a wide variety of break-out sessions on HIV & STD testing, prevention, and care coordination - plus much more!
Network with RI HIV & STD providers, case managers, community and state agencies, consumers, and other stakeholders, to learn about and link the
best strategies for the highest impact on prevention and care in RI.
Any and all HIV/STD stakeholders: healthcare providers, social workers, case workers, consumers, community partners, decision makers, educators,
and anybody who is interested in Rhode Island HIV/STD issues.
At the conclusion of this session, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the current HIV and STD epidemiology specific to Rhode Island and current statewide efforts to reach the goal of reducing transmission of
new HIV infections to zero within the next five years
2. Identify comprehensive strategies for optimizing the Continuum of HIV Care for Rhode Island communities that will foster improvements in HIV/STD
prevention, testing, and issues of access, linkage to, and staying in care
3. Discuss and implement best practices that have an effective impact on targeted populations with highest rates of HIV/STD infections such as Men
Who Have Sex With Men
Conference registration fee of $25.00 includes continental breakfast, lunch, access to an online syllabus, and complimentary parking.
1) A list of attendees will be provided at the conference (name & affiliation only) for networking purposes. Please indicate below if you do or do not want your name to be included on this list.
2) If you are awaiting a check or purchase order from your employer to pay for the summit, please contact the CME Office to reserve your seat - phone: 401-863-2871 or CME@Brown.edu.
The Alpert Medical School designates this educational activity for a maximum of 6.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|1. Conference Fee:
|Summit Attendee List: